Remote Learning Updates: 8/4/2020
Hello Arapahoe Ridge Families,
We hope that this communication finds you healthy and well! As you know the Board of Education has approved a remote learning start to the school year. We continue to partner with district leadership to finalize the specific details regarding the 2020-2021 school year. As final decisions are made we will communicate with you.
We understand how important it is for you to have these details and we are committed to making this a successful year. Our staff is dedicated and you will be able to count on us to continue providing a robust academic program. We have highly educated teachers with a wealth of experience and love for our students.
What if I Have Questions? Adams12 has created a form for families, students, staff and community members to submit questions for the 2020-2021 school year. Feedback collected in this form will better inform planning and communication as we seek to best serve our families. To submit a question, visit www.adams12.org/OnwardQuestions
What Important Details Do I Need Now? Here are a few key details that were communicated in the Onward Communication:
● Remote learning for all schools in AD 12 until at least Friday, September 25th
● The first official day of school will be, Thursday, August 27th and it will begin remotely
● School classroom assignments will be tentatively released on August 14th through IC
● Supplemental opportunities for in-person learning for students are being planned
● Details regarding daily learning pods are being finalized and will be communicated once completed
● ARE will host in-person small group Back to School Nights with families the week of August 17th. Details will be sent this Friday, August 7th.
● A new learning model will increase the synchronous learning opportunities for students to engage in direct instruction with teachers.
Learning Pod Survey: Please continue to refer to the Onward Remote Learning landing page on the district website for the most up to date information. https://www.adams12.org/. A survey will be sent from the district this week to collect important information from families regarding interest in learning pods.
We really miss our students and you can count on us to continue providing high quality instruction during this upcoming school year. Our team is dedicated to our students and their success is very important to us! We will be in contact with further details to ensure the school year starts off strong.
Check-In Online Check-In Process is imperative for our 2020-2021 school year planning.
● The process is open from June 22-August 16th.
● Class schedules and teacher assignments are provided to families in Infinite Campus prior to the start of the school year only to those families who complete the online check-in process.
● Please make sure that you reach out to Sharon Brunner at 720-972-5742 if you have any registration questions. She will not have additional answers beyond what is already communicated on the Onward Planning page regarding the 20-21 school year. We’ve placed the link above for your convenience.
● All families must complete this process each school year. If you do not complete this process, you will not find out your classroom assignment, tentatively set for August 14th in Infinite Campus.
Thanks so much for your patience and we look forward to connecting this fall.
Justina Carney, Principal
Arapahoe Ridge Elementary