HOUR OF CODE
The Hour of Code - WORLDWIDE
Computer Science Education Week
December , 9 - 13, 2019.
All students K-5 will be participating in the worldwide Hour of Code. This hour will be devoted to exposing students to computer science, computational thinking and coding. Students here have been doing Hour of Code for the past several years. Thank you to our community partners, Sales Force and John Conley, for sending out volunteers to support students during this fun day. Below are the activities that students will be participating in this year.
Kindergarten will be doing unplugged activities with BeeBots and an activity called Rosie's Runtime.
1st grade: Code.Org Course (Course B) *Start with lesson 2 Activity 2
3rd - 5th graders: Dance Party
- Studio Code HOC (Computer Science Fundamentals Course 1; stages 3 and 4)
- http://www.tynker.com/hour-of-code/ (K+ section: Candy Crush game)
- https://thefoos.com/ The Foos (Click on Hour of Code above)
- https://studio.code.org/hoc/1 (Classic Maze)
- https://hourofcode.com/us/learn Hour of Code list of activities
- Minecraft Studio Code Org
https://youtu.be/pvAsqPbz9Ro (Is Computer Programming Hard to Learn? 9:14)
https://youtu.be/STRPsW6IY8k (Why Our Kids Must Learn to Code. 5:43)
https://youtu.be/THOEQ5soVpY (DK Coding explanation 2:45)
https://youtu.be/Nc31NAujTkA (DK: How Programming Works 2:32)