About Our School
Arapahoe Ridge joyfully engages all learners to be critical thinkers who are empowered to reach their highest potential.
Most Recent Award
In 2016 Arapahoe Ridge Elementary earned the Governor's Award for Distinguished Improvement. This award goes to schools that "exceed" expectations related to academic growth and "meet or exceed" expectations for academic growth gaps. Arapahoe Ridge was recognized as one of three elementary schools in the Five Star District to demonstrate the highest levels of growth for not just some students but all student groups.
• Construction was finished at the start of the 2018/19 school year on a 12 classroom expansion for our school. Our school also received instructional upgrades in our existing building and a new playground. Our classroom expansion added two preschool programs to Arapahoe Ridge.
• Arapahoe Ridge Elementary School ranks in the top 13% of all elementary schools in Colorado. We ranked 133 out of 1,015 schools in the 2016-2017 school year. (Source: coloradoschoolgrades.com) We earned an A for academic growth.
• 39% of our students qualify for free and reduced lunch
• ⅙ of our school population are learning to speak English as a second language
• Our Significant Support Needs Program (SSN) helps ARE celebrate diversity by valuing each students’ unique contributions to the learning experience and promoting valued roles for all students within our school community. We currently have fifteen students that are apart of this program.
• Our school offers BASE, the Before and After school program. BASE is designed to provide safe, quality, and affordable group childcare in the school setting.
• We have a safe, clean building, and the largest elementary gymnasium in the district.
• We have successful and established Music, Arts, Technology, and P.E. programs.
• There are countless opportunities for parents to volunteer, using their knowledge and talents to help both students and staff.
• School-Home communication with important dates and reminders is sent at least twice per month via email. Please ensure that our school has your most recent, up to date email address on file in order to receive those communications from our principal.
We look forward to working closely with you throughout the school year. We welcome feedback from parents, students, adn community members so we can provide our students with the best possible elementary experience. Please contact your child's teacher or school administrators. All of our staff can be reached via email under the "Staff" tab on our website.